Startup Asia Singapore is the latest venture by Willis Wee and gang over at Penn-Olson. It should be pretty interesting, so if you plan to be in Singapore when the event is going on, be sure to book yourself a ticket — we already booked ours! Here is a run down of the event in their own words.
Startup Asia will be totally focused on startups and entrepreneurship in Asia. Although we can’t promise to have hot babes at the event, one thing is for sure: there will be no boring powerpoint shows or one-man-show presentations.
Rather, you can expect to witness engaging one-to-one coffee chats and panels with entrepreneurs and investors who will share their journey and valuable experience picked up along the way. You can also expect some tough questions to be asked live on stage.
With our straightforward but friendly approach, we’re glad to announce, in alphabetical order, some of the key folks who will be joining us in the event:
- “All things Entrepreneurship in Singapore” — Lim Kuo-yi, CEO of Infocomm Investment.
- “Building a Hardware startup in Singapore” — Lux Anantharaman, Co-Founder and CEO of iTwin.
- “From Ex-bankers to Entrepreneurs” – Angeline Tham and Tian Qiuyan, Co-Founders of Sold.sg
- “Raising Capital, Generating Revenue, and the God Damn Exits!” – Steven Goh, CEO and Co-founder of mig33.
- “Running LinkedIn Singapore like a Startup” — Arvind Rajan, Managing Director and VP, APAC and Japan of LinkedIn.
- “Starting up in Singapore: the Good and the Bad” — Zaki Mahomed (Game Ventures), Alvin Yap (TMG), Sanjay (Replaid), Saumil Nanavati (Chalkboard)
This is just a start to our list of speakers. We will have more to announce as we go along.
Besides chats with entrepreneurs and investors. We have also selected 10 to 15 fledging Asian startups to pitch their ideas to our audience of investors and entrepreneurs. Read on…
What: Startup Arena is a competition in which 10 to 15 Startups will pitch and compete for US$10,000 in cash. Only one will be able to walk away with the check. The selected startups will only be unveiled at the Startup Asia event itself.
Who: We are looking for new and unknown startups in Asia to launch their new ventures at Startup Asia Singapore. Our staff will handpick them for Arena. If you’re interested, kindly fill in and submit the form to us here.
Rules: We prefer startups that are new, struggling, and unknown but that have a brilliant product to demo at Startup Asia. Yes, demo is a must.
Did you say PARTY? Oh yes, we did…
Work hard, party hard — We are having a post-event event party at ZOUK on 3 February, Friday Night.
It costs US$28 for each ticket — with drink coupons and food — and we’re offering it free for the first 50 ticketholders who sign up with us.
That’s it for now and stay tuned for more updates!