Closing the Entrepreneurial Gap Series brings you first-hand opinions from the tech industry leaders in China, on technological innovation, idea and execution. Entrepreneurs and businessmen based in Beijing will share what it takes to succeed in this land of opportunities. This event is hosted by the Young Entrepreneurs Association of the National University of Singapore.
Closing the Entrepreneurial Gap I
Admission is Free: Register Here
DATE: 18 November 2011
TIME: 3:30pm – 6:30pm
VENUE: Carnegie Hall, Wenjin Hotel Level 3, Haidian District, Beijing (South Gate of Tsinghua University)
- 1530h – 1600h: Registration
- 1600h – 1610h: Introduction and Keynote
- 1610h – 1630h: Opening Speech by Prof. Wong Poh Kam, Director, NUS Entrepreneurship Centre
- 1630h – 1650h: Speech by Casper Johansen, Leveraging on the Available Resources in China
- 1650h – 1710h: Speech by Stephen Wang, Ups and Downs of Serial Entrepreneurship
- 1710h – 1730h: Speech by Lee Sze Chin, Start-up Scene and Gov Support/Incentives for ICT Start-ups in Singapore
- 1730h – 1745h: Break/Refreshments
- 1745h – 1815h: Panel Session
- 1815h – 1830h: Closing Speech
Profiles of Speakers
Mr. Casper Johansen – Founder, Seravia & President, Entrepreneurs’ Organisation (Beijing Chapter)
Air Force officer turned lawyer turned investment banker turned entrepreneur. Founder of big data company Seravia and President of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization in Beijing.
Mr. Stephen Wang – Co-Founder of Alive.cn, Co-Founder of Rotten Tomatoes & Serial Entrepreneur
Stephen is a serial internet entrepreneur of over 15 years. His current venture is alive.cn, helping China’s brands plan, execute, and measure social media marketing campaigns via celebrity endorsement. Stephen is also a co-founder of alivenotdead.com, a Hong Kong-based online community of artists and celebrities; Rotten Tomatoes, the popular movie reviews web site; and Design Reactor, a leading entertainment website and games developer. He is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, with a degree in Computer Science.
Mr. Lee Sze Chin – Country Director, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (Shanghai)
Sze Chin is the China Centre Director of the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) based in Shanghai. He helps drive bi-lateral collaborations between China and Singapore in the ICT sector.